- Sell Real Estate
- Buy Real Estate
- Info & Tools
- Meet The Team
Homes in Del Mar
About Del Mar
Del Mar is an affluent beach city in San Diego County, California. Del Mar is Spanish for “of the sea” or “by the sea”, because it is located on the Pacific Ocean.
Del Mar’s climate is considered sub-tropical / Mediterranean with warm, dry summers and mild winters, and is considered one of the most desirable climates world-wide. Del Mar is also one of few locations in which the Torrey Pine tree grows. The Torrey Pine is the rarest pine in the United States and only two populations of this endangered species exist.
- Del Mar racetrack, held live each summer on the Del Mar Fairgrounds which also hosts the satellite wagering facility Surfside Race Place throughout the year when races aren’t live.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course, one of the most exclusive and challenging courses in the world.
- The San Diego County Fair
- Torrey Pines State Beach
- Powerhouse Community Center
- Antique Show, held three times a year for over 50 years on the Fairgrounds
Torrey Pines High School, ranked as one of the 100 Best High Schools in the nation by Newsweek magazine—known for both its upscale campus and academic/athletic prowess is located in Del Mar.